The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
IQAC Functions – As per UGC Guidelines
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education. Conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement
IQAC – Institutional Functioning
The institution has active Quality Advisory Cell (QAC) and Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to frame the policy for the academic and administrative growth of the institution.
IQAC is playing a major role in designing and maintaining quality assurance within academic systems.
IQAC monitors the proper implementation and analysis of overall academic and administrative performances of the college activities.
The cell supports the teaching and learning goals articulated in the institution’s strategic plan.
As the institution has grown in size and stature, it has evolved certain quality assurance measures keeping in mind the academic and administrative requirements.
In this regard, a manual on teaching and working has been prepared by Co-ordinator, IQAC. Some of the measures are –
IQAC ensures maximum utilization of infrastructural facilities and the available ICT resources.
On the basis of academic audit, a comprehensive review of student’s performance is made by IQAC.
IQAC ensures the proper implementation of academic calendar.
- Regular meeting of IQAC are conducted to discuss various measures related to quality enhancement in which the recommendations made by Planning and Evaluation Board, Board of Studies, Academic Council, Governing Body are discussed and analyzed for further improvement.
- As per the suggestion of IQAC, a feedback analysis committee is formed to review the off-line feedback received from the students.
- Appraisal report of teaching / and non- teaching staff is received in the form of CR and after evaluation by the Head of the Institution is forwarded to the higher authorities.
- Attendance registers and daily teaching diaries are duly maintained and checked.
- IQAC reviews the feedback received from the parent- teacher meetings
- Introduction of New Courses including Undergraduate and Add-on Courses.
- Introduction of UGC Community college Scheme.
- Automation of Library and its facilities.
- Strengthening of Library.
- Improvement in students supports systems.
- Organizing seminars, conferences and workshops at different levels.
- Extension and up gradation of Classrooms and Laboratories.
- Inculcate ICT based Teaching-learning process.
- IQAC is playing an important role to implement NAAC Peer Team, 2007 recommendations.
- The IQAC monitors the well-being of the college in all respects.
Structure of the IQAC:
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of the College has been constituted under the chairmanship of Principal, Dr. Naliniprava Das assisted by a Coordinator, Mr. Pradipta Kumar Mishra, Lecturer in Physics.
Date of Establishment of IQAC: 12/ 05/ 2015
COMPOSITION OF IQAC IN 2016-17
|1||Chairperson||Dr.Debasis Acharya, Principal|
|2||IQAC Coordinator||Mr. Pradip Kumar Das|
|3||Senior Administrative Officer||Mr. Amarnath Sahoo|
|4||Senior Administrative Officer||Mr. Prasanta Kr. Mohanty|
|6||Senior Teacher Members||Dr. Mrs. Deepa Nag|
|7||Senior Teacher Members||Dr. Aparna Dutta|
|8||Senior Teacher Members||Dr. Akash Sahu|
|9||Senior Teacher Members||Dr. Sunil Ranjan Biswal|
|10||External Experts||Mr. Bibhudutta Das, CEO, Diocese Board of Education
Mrs. Asha Margaret Das, Principal, Stewart School.
|11||Nominees from the Local Society||Mr. Prakash Rao|
|12||Nominee from Alumni||Dr. Nishit Yadav|
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
Functionaries in the College Level:
*Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
* Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
*Organisation of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
* Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
*Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
* Organising orientation programmes for Staff and Administrative Staff.
* Administering Feedback Mechanism for the College.
*Dissemination of information through national Survey on Higher Education All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
* Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
* Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
* Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
* to a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
* To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
* To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
* To act as a change agent in the institution.
* To better inter communication.
Mr. Pradip Kumar Das
Stewart Science College, Cuttack-753001 (Odisha)
Tel: 0671-2416007 (O), Mobile: 9238415282, 8908376254