Govt. of India Merit Scholarships
There are two categories of Scholarships. Under-graduate and Intermediate. Scholarships of Rs. 90.00 and Rs. 60.00 each awarded on the results of the previous qualifying examinations, based on merit cum means.
Senior College Scholarships
These are awarded on the results of the +2 Examination.
These scholarships could be claimed of the value of Rs. 50/- each, it is awarded on state basis and on merit alone. The scholarships reserved for girls are awarded on state basis irrespective of subjects and on merit alone. There are also merit-cum poverty scholarships.
Introduction of New Schemes of Scholarships
National loan Scholarships was introduced in 1963-64 Session. It provides loan facilities for students who secure at best 50% of marks in the Qualifying Examination and the annual income of whose parents guardians do not exceed Rs. 6,000/-
Other Scholarships tenable
- Scholarship for children Primary and Secondary School teachers.
- Scholarship of Physically handicapped.
- Scholarship to students of Hindi in Non-Hindi speaking state.
- Lump sum grant to meritorious students.
- Post Metric scholarships for S.C. & S.T., O.B.C/SEBC (www.ori.nic.in/odishapms)
- Book grant to children, ex-service personnel.
- Bandana Choudhury and K.B. Shankar Memorial Scholarship.
Minority Scholarships: (www.scholarship.gov.in)
- Central Sector Scholarship – Completed +2 science
- Sanskrit Scholarship- Completed 10th & Continuing +2 (Sanskrit As a subject)
- Samaja Scholarship
- Jindal Scholarship
- Indian Oil Corporation Scholarship
- Digjyoti Scholarship